Create a Stenciled Picnic Blanket
I love picnics and music. The two inspired me to create a stenciled picnic waterproof blanket perfect for all my picnic outings. It can even be used on a table too. To create this large picnic blanket I used a large painting drop cloth made from canvas that I had laying around the house. This waterproof outdoor blanket can be used on the all different surfaces likes the beach, grass and even a table.
Step 1: Canvas
- Roll out the canvas drop cloth over a large table.
- Tape the stencil on the drop cloth using painters tape. I used an old stencil from cutting edge stencil called Zamira Allover Stencil or you can use any stencil yo may have.
Step 2: Painting the Stencil
- With a stencil roller dip into the paint
- Pat the roller on paper towel.
- Make sure before you roll it over the stencil it’s not dripping with paint. Super important that it does not bleed into the canvas.
- With roller go over the entire stencil until its completely covered.
- Let dry in between stenciling.
- Repeat this step until all the drop cloth is completely covered with the stencil design.
- Let dry for 24 hours before using outside.
Step 4: DEcorate
Decorate the waterproof picnic blanket using large pillows, plates and large green plants or flowers to create a pretty picnic party.
If you love picnics like me will you be creating this stenciled picnic blanket.For more fun outdoor projects see my stenciled pillow on the blog.
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?