DIY Reclaimed Wood Crate

I was on the hunt to find something to add to my entry way table to add a little touch of Fall. I can usually find something, but then I remembered I had our Tool Girl Crew challenge coming up where we had to build something with wood that had a Fall theme. Perfect! I decided to build something!
I headed out to the garage and came up with these pieces: an old fence picket and a piece of wood I scored off of someone's curb, and a chair spindle...
With those treasures, I made this:
I call it a crate because of the bottom, it reminds me of a crate:
Here's how it came together:
I used spray paint, then antiqued them by rubbing on some stain with a cloth and quickly removing it. I left the bottom as is after sanding, but did go back and add a little stain to the parts you could see on the outside.
The pumpkins were originally orange, but a little spray paint therapy took care of them too. I like to give them a spritz of stone paint for a little texture.
I like to give them a spritz of stone paint for a little texture.
The chair spindle made the perfect handle, don't you think?
I love the neutrals for Fall...
But as you can see, I made a green one too!
Hope you enjoyed this fun project that could easily be used any time of year! See more details, and what projects the rest of my Tool Girl Crew came up with for our challenge here:

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Confessions of a Serial DIYer