Decorate Your Pots in Burlap

I have a slight obsession with burlap. I just love the natural color and texture of it. I add a little burlap to each room in my house whether it be in drapery, lamp shades or just accent pieces. If you have the love of burlap like I do then you'll love this simple project were I cover my plain pots in burlap.
These three pathos plant pots were surrounded with Spanish moss. It was a nice, natural look but my puppy loved the moss and every day would pull the moss out and make a huge mess. After a year of picking up moss each day, I decided to get rid of the moss. The plant stand looked so bare without it though. That’s when I got the idea to wrap the pots in burlap. It’s a clean look and adds character and warmth to your plants.
Here’s how you make them. Set the pot down in the middle of a piece of burlap. Measure the height of your pot then measure out that distance plus 1″ and cut that distance all around your pot. For example, if your pot is 6″ high, then cut 7″ from the pot. Cut a square shape. Gather all the sides up and tie with raffia or twine. It’s best to have the twine/raffia placed as high as possible on the pot so the burlap stands up and doesn’t flop over.
For ideas on how to decorate your burlap wrapped pots. Hop on over to my blog.

This Makes That

1 comment