Inspired By French Country Chest Furniture Refresh

I found this tall cedar chest about three years ago at one of the most epic estate sales! I bought so much furniture and decor I had to take 3 trips with my SUV.
When I found this chest, I fell instantly in love with the legs. Two were not on the cabinet, but the legs were there so I took it and knew I would make her pretty and whole again.
After a very thorough cleaning, I got started painting. I painted the entire piece in Carbone by Faux Mineral Paint. I love this paint because there's no bleed through worry. The old stain that can normally bleed through red or pink, is stopped. OH and did I mention you don't need to wax the paint if you don't wax afterward? Can I get an AMEN?!
The next steps I didn't get pictures of, but I'll explain a bit about what I did. First I used a new product to me, Royal Stencil Creme Paint, and I lightly dry brushed it over the outside of the cabinet. The color I chose is called Pearl Oyster. It's a white stencil paint with a hint of shimmery silver.
Then I used my Springtime in Paris stencil, also from Royal Design Studio and stenciled the top of the cabinet in the same Pearl Oyster paint.
Once the stencil was on, I lightly distressed the entire piece of furniture. I sealed the cabinet with a mixture of soft dark and clear wax. I know I didn't need to wax, but I wanted to in order to achieve the look I was going for. I added in a bit of DIY Paint Decrepit Dust in the corners and in the carving on the legs.
My very last step was to refresh the inside of the cedar cabinet with cedar oil. Honestly before this project I had no idea that was such a thing. I bought my cedar oil at Home Depot. I lightly sanded the inside of the cabinet, wiped it down with a damp cloth and let it dry. Once the inside cedar was dry, I applied a light coat of cedar oil with a clean rag. Now it smells like cedar heaven!!

30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Melody

• Bjr3785031

Why did you paint the hardware?

• Diane

The look you choose is beautiful and i love the color.

• Bjr3785031

Why did you paint the hardware? It sort of disappears into the furniture. Were you going for that look?