Store Bought Corkboard Gets DIY Upgrade!

$15

A simple corkboard would fulfill the needed function of a message board in an office I recently decorated, but would not compliment the style of the space. That was something I couldn’t stand to do when it would be the first thing seen as people walk in the door. A nice looking, stylish corkboard, however, increased dramatically in price. Too dramatically for my liking. Thank goodness for DIY!
Below you'll find out how I upgraded a boring store bought corkboard to make it more fitting for the beautiful space it would occupy. Of course, this is just a summary of steps; to see the full tutorial visit: http://charmingimperfections.com/Store+Bought+Corkboard+Gets+an+Affordable+DIY+Upgrade
Start with a cork board that has a bit of a frame on it. Mine was from Hobby Lobby for $15.
Measure the sides and cute boards accordingly. The full blog post gives a more thorough description of this step.
Use your Kreg Jig to attach the short boards to the long boards to make your frame.
A clamp helps to secure the boards when screwing them together.
With your nail gun, attach the new frame to the corkboard.
Add picture hangers...
And, any finishing details.
And there you have it! For $15 I got a corkboard that was both functional and stylish! I'm so happy with how it turned out and I'm sure you will be too with the one you make! Thanks for reading and remember to stop by my blog: Charming Imperfections for more great DIY tutorials!

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Rebekah @ Charming Imperfections