Stockpiling Moms
Stockpiling Moms
  • Independence, KY

Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner

I love this recipe for Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner. With only three ingredients it is easy to use and costs only pennies per serving. I used it and my toilets were shining.
Removing toxins from my home without using chemicals is important, so this non toxic homemade toilet bowl cleaner is a winner. For those of you who don't like the smell of vinegar the Melaleuca essential oil will not only mask the smell but will also serve as a sanitizer.
I highly recommend this do it yourself recipe for Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner. I just added the baking soda, Melaleuca or Tee-Tree Essential Oil and then the vinegar and let it soak for about 10 minutes. I followed up by scrubbing it with my toilet bowl brush.
1/2 - 3/4 cup baking soda
8 - 10 drops tea-tree or melaleuca essential oil
1/2 - 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
Pour Baking Soda directly into the toilet boil add oil, then vinegar - in this order.
Add Essential Oil
Let sit for 10 minutes then scrub boil with brush.
Only 3 ingredients in this Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Stockpiling Moms

• Ssg1151632

On the chance of sounding really stupid, can I ask what is melaleuca?

• Stacy Pinhas-Echeverria

Melaleuca oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) or more commonly known as tea tree oil.

• Kaye

Well if you are stupid, then so am I.
    • Beth Day

the melaleuca tree is a seriously invasive species that has been taking over South Florida for many decades. It dries us marshlands (the Everglades), turning it into dry land. Its blooms produce tons of pollen that covers everything, it stinks, and many many people are highly allergic to the pollen. The state of Florida has tried to eradicate this "trash tree" since forever. Whoever decided that it produced a valuable product must be a genius, and I congratulate them.

• Becky

I've been using Melaleuca products for years. It doesn't have a real nice smell like, but it works great for lots of things. Tea tree oil is good for all kinds of ailments, cleaning, you name it. Look it up. www. melaleuca.com.

• GTS

the directions are confusing can you list the procedure by 1. 2. 3. etc.
  • Anne

When you use baking soda and vinegar to clean the toilet, do you drain the water or add the vinegar & baking soda to the water?
  • Anne

• Lynn

Is this safe to use in home with septic tank

• Beverly

I will check the price of Tea Tree oil at Walmart. Thanks for the tip.

• Julie Goodnight Crites

I haven't seen any testing on Walmarts Teatree oil but their lavender and peppermint were tested by a third-party Chemist and found that neither one of them actually had lavender or peppermint oil in them.