Kimberly Noelle
Kimberly Noelle
  • Cheyenne, WY

Before and After: Spare Room Turned Closet on a Budget.

I have been working on this spare bedroom on and off for 3 years now. With the lack of closet space we have in our home coupled with the fact we live in a state where the weather changes drastically from day to day I thought it would be great to build a "dressing room" or "walk in closet" somewhere where I could put out all my seasons of clothes and not have to waste the storage we do have on tubs of packed
before and after spare room turned closet on a budget, bedroom ideas, closet, organizing
The right side of the room has a bathroom door. Although we eventually want to change out all the doors and will soon get there I decided for now I'd just spice it up by painting a fun bohemian inspired mural on it.
The stool I have had around for a few years. I just covered it with a vintage cloth that I picked up at a flea market about 8 years ago. The chair though I wanted a parsons chair I felt this worked better. I spotted it at Target on clearance for $15. It was the right color and super comfortable. This worked out a lot better anyway. Those parsons chairs aren't exactly the most comfortable and my girls and husband love to sit and chat with me.
This dresser was a hand me down from my parents. It was very scratched and beat up so I white washed it, scuffed it up and painted the pulls. I wanted a rustic bohemian vibe and though some may disagree....I just love the way it came out. ; )
This side of the room has a bathroom door and the door to the room opens up to this side of the wall, so I had to keep the hanging racks shorter but it worked out great for my leather coats and scarves.
The actual closet side of the room I put my desk in and some bookshelves I had laying around for my books and magazines and important paperwork.
I used 2 broken bookcases I had, took them apart into fours and used them under my clothes for shoe storage and other things.
Kimberly Noelle

• Boo33301330

I had planned on doing my spare room this weekend. You have inspired me. Thank you.

• Pmono7690

Beautiful!

We did a closet organizer and the only problem with the higher rods I encountered is that I am 5'4" and could not reach the top. Solved it with a closet hook off of eBay. Adjust length pole with a hook and only $5! Problem solved!