Burlap Christmas Tree Decor

$20
1.5 Hours

This is my favorite door "wreath" that I've made for Christmas. It's made out of burlap ribbon, a piece of recycled cardboard, and my trusty glue gun. Even if you're not crafty, you can totally make this.
I bought a homespun style Christmas ornament to finish it off as a little tree topper.
I used an old cardboard box and cut a triangle shaped piece as the backing for my Christmas tree.
To begin I used a 9-inch wide green burlap ribbon and cut pieces that I rolled up and glued to the cardboard.
I just rolled up each piece, pinched the end, hot glued that end, and stuck it to the cardboard. It's super hard to mess this up.
I started at the bottom of my triangle cardboard and worked my way up, so that the rolls would layer nicely together.
Come over to the blog to see an easy peasy way to make the red bow at the top of the Christmas tree. For it, I used a 4-inch roll of burlap ribbon.

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Stephanie Pass

• Priscilla Menefee Armstrong
    Priscilla Menefee Armstrong

Could you use a stapler instead of hot glue and and then put felt on the back?

• Deborah
      Deborah

the back does not show, can use any method to secure the burlap (or felt) only restricted to material used by imagination...can add battery operted string light also. i will :) Thanks so much for the idea!!

• Nancy
    Nancy

Where did you buy your burlap? Can't find the green in stores.