You May Ask What Do Oatmeal and Headbands Have in Common? A Container

$0

When my hair grows long, I want to keep it off my forehead and I wear headbands to rein it in.
Empty oatmeal container Take the label off. Mine came off very easily.
Through the years I have accumulated a few headbands, but they are too unruly to keep in a drawer or a counter.
My friends know that I hate to throw anything out. Surely, I can find something to recycle to organize my headbands. I had seen on Hometalk that someone had made a container for hair accessories with an oatmeal container. When I finished a large container, I decided to put it to work. I also had a partial roll of contact paper and put the two together.
This is the container wrapped up in its glory. Sorry I did not take pictures of how I began sticking the contact paper. Most people have used contact paper before. I measured around the container and its height with a little overlap. Transferred the dimensions to the back of the contact paper and cut it. Then slowly started pealing the liner from the face of the contact paper. If you decide to do this, don't take the liner off completely. Line it up along the length/height of the container and a little around the top. Smooth it down so there are no air bubbles and slowly continue sticking and smoothing out any air bubbles that may form.
I suppose I could have painted the container first; but this was so easy, I just could not wait to see it done and in service. I am so pleased I don't have a headband mess on my hands anymore. Another option would be to paint and/or ModPodge.

15 Perfectly Round Tables
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving

• Kim K.
    Kim K.

I don't wear headbands because they give me a headache. But if I did, I would do this in a heart beat. Very cool!
  • Tammy Jones
    Tammy Jones

I've been trying to find something for my head bands too! Saw something acrylic, but this is cheap and easy... I don't eat a lot of Oatmeal..but like cookies...so will have to give this a try..