Brandi
Brandi
  • Atlanta, GA

Tree Stump Table

When we had a few dead trees cut down in our yard last year, I saved some of the stumps to decorate with. I used a couple stumps to spruce up our fall porch, then decided to turn one of the stumps into a side table.
The process was pretty simple!  Using my Dremel, I sanded the top and bottom of the stump smooth.
The process was pretty simple! Using my Dremel, I sanded the top and bottom of the stump smooth.
Next, using my paint roller I gave the stump multiple coats of stain.  Allowing each coat to dry before applying the next.
Next, using my paint roller I gave the stump multiple coats of stain. Allowing each coat to dry before applying the next.
I left the stump in the garage for a few days to dry.
In order for this project to work you need to allow your stump to dry completely.  Our stump sat outside to dry for many months on a covered porch, to protect it from the elements.  Be sure to elevate your stump off the ground while drying to prevent mold.
In order for this project to work you need to allow your stump to dry completely. Our stump sat outside to dry for many months on a covered porch, to protect it from the elements. Be sure to elevate your stump off the ground while drying to prevent mold.
Once the stump was dry I gave it a couple coats of clear enamel to protect it from scratches and spills.
I love the rustic-natural look of the stump table!
It's a perfect spot to set a drink and a snack while we're watching TV.
Best of all, it was rather inexpensive to pull the whole thing together.
Brandi