Homemade Dishwasher Detergent {for spot-free dishes}

While cleaning out my kitchen for an upcoming move, I ran across the ingredients for homemade dishwasher detergent that had been sitting around unused.
The recipe is simple, the result is even better. It cleans your dishes and there won't be a residue left in the dishwasher.
What could be better.
All you need:
2 C. Borax
2 C. Baking Soda
6 oz. LemiShine (available at Target, Walmart, and most grocery stores)
Mix together. Use 1 T. per full load.
All you need to make 
homemade dishwasher detergent.
All you need to make homemade dishwasher detergent.
Just mix the ingredients together.  Add 1 T. to a full load.
Just mix the ingredients together. Add 1 T. to a full load.
To learn more about the ingredients, visit:  http://www.seasonedhomemaker.com/2013/05/homemade-dishwashing-detergent-2.html
To learn more about the ingredients, visit: http://www.seasonedhomemaker.com/2013/05/homemade-dishwashing-detergent-2.html
The Seasoned Homemaker

• Denise

I LOVE this dishwasher soap have used it for 2 years. BUT does anyone else's turn hard as a rock? Need to fix that.

• Tanya K

i keep mine in a rubbermade container so it don't absorb any moisture

• Sandy M

I already have a water softener so I don't need the lemishine and I actually use the homemade laundry detergent also in my dishwasher and only use 1 teaspoon. It has a tiny amount of the soap in it.

• Mar2152614

Once you've loaded your dishwasher, add 1 cup of cleaning vinegar or white vinegar, run the dish washer. The vinegar cleans the calcium out of the dishwasher hoses, makes the machine last forever, and does a great job on the dishes. My glass dish set was beginning to etch, and it was reversed using the vinegar.