Before and After: A Modern Geometric Mountain Makeover

I could not figure out what to do with this dresser! Seems easy enough, basic wood dresser...just paint it. I have this problem with "just painting" it. It needs to be interesting to me, I can't bare to just do what's easiest. I always like when there's a story behind something too, I like to know that there's inspiration that causes an idea to happen. And that's just what happened with this dresser after a drive down the Pacific Coast Highway in California, one of America's most scenic drives. (I highly recommend ;) )
Here's the pretty rough looking before picture of this dresser. I filled in all of the lines you see here. I wanted all of the diamond shapes on the two bottom drawers to be gone and the lines on the upper drawers gone so I could really have a blank slate. I filled in all of the holes for the knobs and pulls, there were way too many hardware pieces before.
If you look closely this is a portrait of the mountains, the ocean and the sunset. The mountains through Big Sur are mostly green or brown, but I chose a blue and gray palette because I liked the combo. So this scene is "loosely" based on the Big Sur coast line.
I wanted the landscapes to go along the sides of the dresser.
Both sides are different.
I think this dresser would look awesome in a kids bedroom.
I like to imagine a kid's creativity and letting their imagination run wild in their world and promoting a sense of adventure.
This dresser is for sale!

23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests

To see more: http://www.oakandolivehome.com/the-mountain-dresser-before-after/