Old Crib to Bookshelf

While cleaning out the garage attic I found a old family crib from the 1950's. Couldn't throw it out so I searched Pinterest for a way to re-use it. I found a bookshelf and knew this way going to be my project.
The crib end was going to be the back. I cut the railings in half and re attached the bars to the other end of the rail. ( I made them shorter to accommodate shelf's) I took the other end of the crib apart to make the lower front of the shelving unit. I cut the shelves from the end of the crib I had left over, except the base shelf I had to use wood from my workshop as I didn't have enough for 3 shelves. Drilled and screwed and glued and doweled it all together and here it is. Mostly it was more thinking about how I wanted to do each step than the work itself as every project like this never has directions.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question
  • Kaye Kaye on May 18, 2017
    Hi how did you attached the dowel ends to the back of the bookcase? Thanks

Comments

2 of 9 comments
  • Veralucia Santos Veralucia Santos on Feb 06, 2017
    Gostei!
  • Kaye Kaye on May 18, 2017
    Thank you this is the best use of a crib I have seen yet. Just happen to have one I was waiting for the perfect idea. Thanks.
Next