Marcia
Marcia
  • Mason, MI

Old Crib to Bookshelf

While cleaning out the garage attic I found a old family crib from the 1950's. Couldn't throw it out so I searched Pinterest for a way to re-use it. I found a bookshelf and knew this way going to be my project.
old crib to bookshelf, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, shelving ideas, storage ideas
The crib end was going to be the back. I cut the railings in half and re attached the bars to the other end of the rail. ( I made them shorter to accommodate shelf's) I took the other end of the crib apart to make the lower front of the shelving unit. I cut the shelves from the end of the crib I had left over, except the base shelf I had to use wood from my workshop as I didn't have enough for 3 shelves. Drilled and screwed and glued and doweled it all together and here it is. Mostly it was more thinking about how I wanted to do each step than the work itself as every project like this never has directions.

• Kaye

Hi how did you attached the dowel ends to the back of the bookcase? Thanks

• Veralucia Santos

Gostei!

• Kaye

Thank you this is the best use of a crib I have seen yet. Just happen to have one I was waiting for the perfect idea. Thanks.