Dresser Turned TV Stand - Trash to Treasure!

1 Material
$10.00

When my daughter's family was moving into their new house, she read online that there was a dresser sitting alongside the road free to anyone who wanted to pick it up. It was in rough shape but she needed a TV stand and thought this might be salvageable.
It was sitting in the rain and several of the drawers were too damaged to fix. We decided to load it into our 15 passenger van that was already packed full of moving boxes.
We pushed and pulled, shoved and contorted until we got it in. I think we laughed all the way to her new house.
The first thing to do was clean and sand it. We can be totally nuts at times when we take something so bad thinking we can revive it. But this time, it cleaned up very nicely.
After you've been at it a while, you get better at knowing what is fixable and what isn't. This one amazed even us, and we've done a lot of furniture makeovers.
She had her DH put wood in the bottom of the missing drawers, filled in the dents with wood putty and then painted it with the same paint she used for her kitchen cabinets.
Not bad for a side of the road rescue! I always wonder how the original owner who put it out to the road would feel if they saw how nicely it turned out with just a bit of TLC and paint.
For more pictures on this flip, visit Love My DIY Home.
You can also pick up a free PDF, 4 HOMEMADE CHALKY PAINT RECIPES - I'll send it to you via email. Click on the link below to see the full article and get your free PDF.

• Clark Kensington Antique White Paint  (ACE Hardware)

Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}

• Jean Myles

How thick was the pieces of wood used for the shelves and also for the front edge to make it look thicker? Thanks in advance.

• Michael brennan

What did you clean it with (white shirts?) and was there any woodworm in it

• Erin Wilkins

What kind of paint did you use for this piece? You said you also used it for your kitchen cabinets? I have a few wood projects that I want to paint, but don't know what kind of paint to use to get that smooth glossy finish. Its a beautiful piece!

• Sirkku

Great job!

• Linda Young

I've been trying to solve this dilemma for awhile now. New ones cost a fortune, hard to find right size and most are made with cheap composition board. When I saw this I went to my basement and measured and measured a vintage dresser that I had been wanting to get rid of and discovered it was the perfect size. A bit higher than needed but it will work. My whole house is vintage so I won't have to paint or refinish it. Just clean it up. Ya hoo!