Popcorn Ceiling Makeover- Low Budget, Big Impact

$400

Our new house came complete with popcorn ceilings in every room. We were looking for an inexpensive way to update the ceilings. When we removed the soffits from the cabinets, it left big holes in the ceiling. It would have been very expensive to patch the holes, scrape the popcorn, skim coat and paint the ceiling. The solution? We found these glue up styrofoam tiles .They glued right up, were easy to cut

popcorn ceiling makeover low budget big impact, home decor, home maintenance repairs, painting, tiling

Ceiling tiles after installation-Affiliate link: We get paid a very small commission if you make a purchase but it never costs you a penny extra. BUY THEM HERE

After Kitchen Makeover with glue up ceiling tiles

Kitchen before we removed the soffits.

Kitchen after we removed the soffits with a big hole in the ceiling.

Installing the right on top of the popcorn ceiling.

After the kitchen makeover.

Another photo of the completed ceiling.

Bella Tucker Decorative Finishes

• Toni Maxwell

My friend has popcorn ceilings & she'd love to change them,but in living room,dining room & kitchen is vaulted with a center beam at the Apex of the ceiling that goes thru all 3 rooms. Will this work for her ceilings? If not, any ideas? Help

• Terri Everett Sexton

Can you find this ceiling tile at lowes or homedepot? And is this what it is called is eilkng tiles ?

• Linda

This looks beautiful and easy but I am just wondering how long has it been? How does the glue hold up to the heat in the kitchen? We are redoing our kitchen now and I like this idea but my kitchen is much smaller than yours

• Sararey

Love everything about your kitchen. The cupboards color, the accent color on the island, the lights, and of course the ceiling. Just beautiful.

• Becky
    30 minutes ago

Luckily there are no popcorn ceilings in the rental I live in and am SO glad! Finally, I see beautiful options to hide that ugly mess! I love your idea that you went with and had no idea there were so many options out there until I saw your post. Obviously there are a lot of people out there that feel the same way! I understand the initial reasons for the "sound proofing" but have felt that popcorn ceilings are hideously ugly! You did a beautiful job!