Popcorn Ceiling Makeover- Low Budget, Big Impact

$400

Our new house came complete with popcorn ceilings in every room. We were looking for an inexpensive way to update the ceilings. When we removed the soffits from the cabinets, it left big holes in the ceiling. It would have been very expensive to patch the holes, scrape the popcorn, skim coat and paint the ceiling. The solution? We found these glue up styrofoam tiles .They glued right up, were easy to cut with an exacto knife and added architectural interest to the ceiling. The product cost us around $400 for the kitchen. We get a ton of compliments. You can read more details of our kitchen makeover on our blog.

Ceiling tiles after installation-Affiliate link: We get paid a very small commission if you make a purchase but it never costs you a penny extra. BUY THEM HERE

After Kitchen Makeover with glue up ceiling tiles

Kitchen before we removed the soffits.

Kitchen after we removed the soffits with a big hole in the ceiling.

Installing the right on top of the popcorn ceiling.

After the kitchen makeover.

Another photo of the completed ceiling.

Bella Tucker Decorative Finishes

• Louisianabelle

what color did you paint the cabinets?

• Brooke

What is your paint color for the cabinets?

• Cat

I have to say....You are very talented,

I love the tiles, colors everything. I have been struggling with my sanded ceiling. My place has a similar layout.

thank you for the inspiration.

• Em

The polystyrene ones have a Class A fire rating. So they are in fact good to use.

• Lizbeth

Do you scrape the popcorn before applying the tiles? I have been looking at them and the description says to apply to a flat surface?