Popcorn Ceiling Makeover- Low Budget, Big Impact

$400

Our new house came complete with popcorn ceilings in every room. We were looking for an inexpensive way to update the ceilings. When we removed the soffits from the cabinets, it left big holes in the ceiling. It would have been very expensive to patch the holes, scrape the popcorn, skim coat and paint the ceiling. The solution? We found these glue up styrofoam tiles .They glued right up, were easy to cut with an exacto knife and added architectural interest to the ceiling. The product cost us around $400 for the kitchen. We get a ton of compliments. You can read more details of our kitchen makeover on our blog.

Ceiling tiles after installation-Affiliate link: We get paid a very small commission if you make a purchase but it never costs you a penny extra. BUY THEM HERE

After Kitchen Makeover with glue up ceiling tiles

Kitchen before we removed the soffits.

Kitchen after we removed the soffits with a big hole in the ceiling.

Installing the right on top of the popcorn ceiling.

After the kitchen makeover.

Another photo of the completed ceiling.

Bella Tucker Decorative Finishes

• Ann

Hi, can you please tell me where did you get the lighting pieces over the granite? I’ve been looking for them with no luck.

thanking you in advance,

ann

• Ellen Henkle Griesdorn

It actually stayed glued to the popcorn ceiling.... it doesnt seem like anything would stick to popcorn ceilings ? Where did you find this tile ?

• Jjqq

I might have missed it - but which color did you choose? I see they come in a lot of colors. Thanks for the idea - we have been thinking for years about what to do with the popcorn ceiling - and just dreading the thought of scraping, painting, etc. You have the answer!

• Roberta

Beautiful redo on both the cabinets and the ceiling. For those concerned about the styrofoam, ‘vintage’ Style ceiling tiles also come in aluminium and a plastic type material. Might cost a little more but would also look beautiful

Great job!!!

• Just Julie

Just a word of caution. Our house had Styrofoam ceilings throughout when we purchased it. I admit it was so pretty. However while I was at work my husband was cooking and had a small kitchen fire that spread along the ceilings very rapidly. The stuff melts into liquid fire. Luckily we had solid wood underneath the Styrofoam which is the only reason I still have a home. Needless to say not a big fan of styrofoam.