Side Yard Makeover: Creating Curb Appeal

Our side yard is a space that I've been working on for the last couple of years. It seems like each spring I tackle it again & again, making more progress year after year. A few weeks ago, I decided to finally put in the work (and the money) needed, to make it the side yard of my dreams! I'm so happy with how it turned out. Details in link below!
Here is a look at the side yard just a couple years ago. It was more of an eyesore than anything else and definitely lacked curb appeal.
Here is a look at where I started this year.
And here is a look at our side yard today. Quite the improvement, right?! In addition to the landscaping, we also added shutters and a window box to the window to add even more curb appeal.
The first thing I did was pull all the weeds & prepared the area for landscaping. Once the weeds were removed, I could finally see my hostas that I had planted just a couple years back.
To prevent further problems with weeds, I put down a weed control fabric & covered the area with mulch. Then I went to Lowe's and purchased some stone edgers to put the finishing touches on the landscaping.
The hostas have grown & matured so much in a matter of weeks. They really do well on this side of our home because it is shaded for the biggest part of the day.
In addition to the hostas, I usually plant impatiens as well. Like the hostas, they also thrive in the shade. I love the color they bring to the side of the house.
Here is a one last look at the space as a whole. I'm so happy with how it turned out and I'm looking forward to watching the plants fill out & mature even more in the coming weeks!

IMPATIENS NEW GUINEA SUPER SONIC RED - LIVE PLANTS - STARTERS -...

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Tonya Diehl

• Laurie Hummel
    Laurie Hummel

What can I plant for full sun

• Lynn Wolf
    Lynn Wolf

I love it! My question is where do you keep your garbage can now? We have 3 huge ones the city supplies us with - Garbage, recycle and yard debris and in my small yard they are such an eyesore yet obviously needed and useful.

• Trudy
      Trudy

Probably in the backyard, behind that gate. I installed 2 pieces of fencing parallel to each other to hide trash receptacles BETWEEN. I didn't think it fair to hide them from me but leave them for my neighbors to view from their patio. I bought wooden fence panels and installed them with those green metal fence posts.

• Joan
    Joan

That's beautiful!

• Joy Sheffield
    Joy Sheffield

Beautiful !!!! 🌸 🥬 😎

• Joy30150932
    Joy30150932

Nice transformation. You have a lot of hostas planted and they sometimes grow pretty big and wide so I can see you having to removes= some in the future. Happy Gardening!!