Interchangeable Guest Towel Picture Frame Tray

Here's a cute easy DIY idea for a paper guest towel tray that's interchangeable. Make your guests feel welcome with this personalized tray featuring towels in a favorite decorative color or monogrammed with an initial. This tray is made from a 15 1/2"x7" picture frame with attached feet and handles that flaunts a changeable guest towel pattern that's actually a cardboard insert decoupage with a matching guest towel. Additional space on the tray is available to add a decorative homemade diffuser.
Begin by removing the backing from the frame and use it as a pattern to cut out cardboard the same size.
Next, separate the plain layers of the guest towel from the print and mod podge the print paper onto the cardboard, smoothing it out and let dry.
Then paint the balls, let dry. When dry, glue the balls onto each corner of the frame base. Check to make sure the balls aren't preventing being able to easily insert the cardboard into the frame without bending it (like I did).
Insert the glass and mod podge towel cardboard into the frame and replace the backing.
Glue decorative handles on each end.
And finally, there's enough space on the tray to have a easy to make decorative diffuser. Here's how: Take a small glass or ceramic container with a narrow opening. Pour in 1/4 cup of carrier oil like coconut oil or almond oil. Add 20-25 drops of your favorite essential oils, mixing them together. I like the smell of ginger and lemon together! Place the reed diffuser sticks in the container. It will take a while for the oil to travel up the sticks so you can turn the sticks upside down to quicken the process.
The tray is interchangeable just by switching out the look with different decoupage paper towel patterns like this monogrammed one.
Makes for a lovely hostess gift, too!

• Frame w/glass
  • Wooden balls
  • Cardboard

Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Sherry

Wait, are these napkins??
  • Cheri Showers-Gipson

Where can I find the handles
  • Barbara

Do the wooden balls have a flat bottom, and which glue should you use to attach?

ALao, will glued on handles last for a lo,g period if time. Which glue for that?

Thank you!

• Gail@Purple Hues and Me

Actually the balls are flat at the top where they're glued to the frame. I used E6000 glue to glue on the balls and handles. It is suppose to be an industrial strength glue but it takes 24-48 hrs. to cure properly. The handles did come with small screws that could have been used, also.

• Susan

It’s beautiful, and I love the diffuser idea with it. I think I would use something stronger at the bottom to support real hand towels, soaps, etc., because we are all about reducing garbage.

• Janna Haddix

I absolutely LOVE this! I have lots of frames to re-purpose into glorious gifts and, of course one for me! Thanks for the inspiration!