Easy DIY Boxwood & Patriotic Wreath

Being a military family, we always celebrate Flag Day, July 4th and especially Memorial Day with great American spirit. In fact, I decided to make the theme of our Summer Porch this year Americana Spirit." This easy DIY Boxwood Wreath was the great starting point to add stars and stripes and sunflowers.
So to make a wreath, you need a wreath form. I knew the boxwood would be heavy, so I would need a lighter base. I chose balsa wood which is extremely light and best of all, you don't need power tools to cut it.
In fact, all you need is a sturdy exacto blade or utility knife. I decided to make an oblong wreath. Once I determined the length of the sides and bottom and top of the form, I cut my pieces. You could also make a square wreath.
Here is the form put together. (follow the link below to see exactly how I put it together. I covered the top of the wreath base with a good coverage of moss. The moss helped cover up the balsa wood. You could also spray paint it.
Here is my secret weapon. Boxwood Garlands. I have used these in several projects over the years. If you follow my blog link below, I will give you the link to my source. I used five of these garlands because of the size of my wreath. I simply wrapped the moss-covered form with the garlands, then fluffed them to get the look I wanted.
Next I added a Triple-Ribbon Bow...
... plus a combination of red geraniums, sunflowers and mini flags.
I am very pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to complete the remainder of the porch.
I love how the wreath pops against our red door. To get the complete supply list, tutorial and links to other Boxwood projects, please follow the link below to visit The Everyday Home. If you like what you see, please make sure you sign up for my weekly newsletter, where I share FREE printables each week such as this May Calendar below.
Thank you for letting me share my DIY Boxwood & Patriotic Wreath. Please visit me soon for my Southern Americana Porch Reveal. Thanks, Barb

The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett