Cheap & Adorable 4th of July Plasticware Holders

$.25

I wanted to find a quick and easy way to store the plasticware on my 4th of July table, and I *really* wanted to use my neverending surplus of red Solo cups! This was really simple, and I love the end result.
First, I put a layer of blue painter's tape around the bottom of the cup. It was a bit difficult to keep it from getting wrinkled, so I pushed it slowly into each section of the cup.
Next, I put strips of washi tape from the edge of the blue tape down to the bottom of the cup, all the way around, and put the silver star stickers on top of the blue painter's tape. I used three different patterns for the washi tape and in the end, I really liked the variety.
Next, I traced a circle that was about 4 inches in diameter larger than the top rim of the cup and in the center of that larger circle, traced the top of the cup. Then I cut out each of the circles.
Next, I put a layer of glue around the top rim of the cup and placed the red foam on top, so that the inner circle aligns with the top of the cup.
That's it! I flipped it over, and this is the finished product.

• Red Solo cups
  • Blue painter's tape
  • Washi tape

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas

• Velma
    Velma

what is washi tape??? I think I know but not sure.

• Mary
      Mary

You can also use blue painters tape, and sometimes the Dollar Tree had blue tape. You don't have to buy expensive tape at craft stores.

• Lea Grossman
    Lea Grossman

Where did you buy your materials?
  • Laura Lewis
    Laura Lewis

what keeps the cups from falling over? seems to me it needs something to weight it