DIY Stone Table Runner

Using natural elements in my home is something I love to do and my latest project helps me do just that! This River Stone Table Runner was super easy and cost under $20.00 to make!
I brought a little of the outdoors in with this easy Stone Table Runner~
I used sheets of smooth stones (from a tile outlet store), some plastic mesh and my BFF friend: burlap to make the runner!
First I layered: plastic mesh-burlap-then the stones...
Using a high temp glue gun, I arranged and glued the stone onto the burlap. The glue goes through to the mesh adhering all 3 layers! I didn't want a straight edge, I wanted it to look like a meandering stone pathway :)
When all the stones were glued in place, I trimmed the burlap leaving a small edge to fray (but making sure the burlap still covered the mesh)-The burlap softens the look of the stones I think and gives it a less modern feel.
The stone table runner adds a bit of a natural vibe to the farmhouse table~ thanks for reading! xo
All Things Heart and Home

• All Things Heart and Home

@Debbie Stanley thanks so much friend! The runner is almost 4 feet but my table is 9 feet so it's not big enough to hang over the edge...(I should have given the measurements!) xo

• Debbie Stanley

Thanks, I was looking for something rather low and to fit on top of my tile top table. this will be perfect. Can't wait to make one. I have some black river stones left over from a wedding. It will look really good against my green tile tabletop.