DIY Loofah Soaps

$10

These DIY loofah soaps are simple and quick to craft which makes them a great weekend project to do with the kids. Plus they can be custom scented with your favorite fragrance oil or essential oil. They only take about half hour to make.

If you like this melt and pour soap recipe for my DIY Loofah Soaps, you can find more of my melt and pour soap recipes on my blog, Soap Deli News, here.

Now onto how to make your own DIY Loofah Soaps. You can find the recipe on my blog here.

Begin by using a bread knife to cut your loofah into slices approximately 1 thick.

Place the loofah slices into each of the six cavities of your mold. Now cut your soap base into square chunks using a Chef's knife. Weigh out of soap and place in a large Pyrex measuring cup. Melt in the microwave just until all the soap has melted. Watch your soap carefully as it will bubble up and overflow if it gets too hot. Weigh out the fragrance oil and stir into the melted soap base. (If you are using essential oils, use half the amount or less.) Add the liquid melt and pour soap colorant to the melted soap base and mix well.

Now pour the scented and colored soap base into each of the cavities of your mold. As the loofah absorbs some of the soap you'll be able to go back and fill each cavity completely.

Allow the soap base to set up and harden completely, then carefully push each loofah soap out of the mold. Finally, wrap each soap in Foodservice Film then label as desired! For easy links to suppliers for these DIY Loofah Soaps and other melt and pour soap recipes and ideas, visit the link below to view the original post on my blog, Soap Deli News.

.9 oz. skin safe fragrance oil
20 drops orange liquid soap colorant

Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Everything Red For Canada Day
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Rebecca D. Dillon

• Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

Could you use a silicone cupcake pan for a mold? I know that the shape would be different as well as the amount of soap at the top.
    • C. D. Scallan
      C. D. Scallan

Yes, I've done it before using those and even posted a project explaining how to do it .

• Jill Ron Pike
    Jill Ron Pike

Would it be possible to melt ready-made bar soaps for these?

• Bryan
    Bryan

Is this why children eat tide pods?