Linda Printemps
Linda Printemps
  • Ooltewah, TN

DIY Sewing Table Turned Drink Station

So this sewing table was just collecting dust in the garage, and just a few easy steps later I had this cute and functional drink station!
diy sewing table turned drink station, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
You can find these old sewing tables at thrift stores for very little or maybe there's one in your moms attic :).
Now turning this old sewing table into a fun and functional drink station was such an easy DIY!
Remove the old sewing machine and its mechanisms.
I then wiped it down with a lightly damp cloth. Once dry, I wiped it down again with a tack cloth to get rid off any remaining dust. I followed that up with two thin coats of Rustoleum primer {remember to always wear a mask when spray painting }.
I then I sprayed it with three thin coats of spray paint. I went with the color Seaside by Rustoleam.
I also painted the handle in a flat white.
At this point it’s still just an old sewing table that’s painted a pretty color right?!
Well, add a basic plastic storage bin from your local big box store and you have a functional drink station!
We tried about 6 bins to find the one with the perfect amount of overhang, so it would just sit right in the hole.
The beauty of doing this versus permanently attaching the bin to the sewing table, is that we can just pop it out when we are done using it! Making easy work of getting rid of the ice and water!
Even with the weight of the ice and drinks combined, there are no worries it will fall through, because of the amount of overhang on either side. It’s very very sturdy!
Now add some drinking accessories like paper straws and cute cups, and you have a fun and functional drink station, that you can use indoors and out!
The cool thing is that it folds up for easy storage or it can be used as an end table!
I hope you like this simple DIY project!
Linda Printemps

• Alyce Lenzen

I know that each sewing machine can be different size but could you tell me what size bin you used for yours so I can get a ball park idea .

• Phyllis Gears Pezzin

I had to try a number of bins. we wanted the deepest one we could get so that it could hold plenty of ice. we had to great the plastic and melt it a little to go over the gears still inside. it worked great.

• Zeliemimi

Does the Rustoleum paint help with making it withstand rain? I am wondering if after painting I coat it with a spar or marine urethane if that would help? Just didn't want to take outside then back inside every day.

• Linda Printemps

I personally don't plan on leaving it outside, I'm not sure it how it would hold up in inclement weather.

• Joh5265532

Can't find your blog,about the bin used in sewing machine table

• Inge Holstein

My neighbors daughter made this for her and it IS absolutely beautiful!! she did it in the exact same color! SOOOO gorgeous!!

• The13363824

I have never seen this before and I love it. It sure would be nice for little get together's !! I love your choice of paint....very pretty!