DIY Sewing Table Turned Drink Station

223K Views
So this sewing table was just collecting dust in the garage, and just a few easy steps later I had this cute and functional drink station!
Difficulty: Easy
  • diy sewing table turned drink station, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
You can find these old sewing tables at thrift stores for very little or maybe there's one in your moms attic :).
Now turning this old sewing table into a fun and functional drink station was such an easy DIY!
Remove the old sewing machine and its mechanisms.
I then wiped it down with a lightly damp cloth. Once dry, I wiped it down again with a tack cloth to get rid off any remaining dust. I followed that up with two thin coats of Rustoleum primer {remember to always wear a mask when spray painting }.
I then I sprayed it with three thin coats of spray paint. I went with the color Seaside by Rustoleam.
I also painted the handle in a flat white.
At this point it’s still just an old sewing table that’s painted a pretty color right?!
Well, add a basic plastic storage bin from your local big box store and you have a functional drink station!
We tried about 6 bins to find the one with the perfect amount of overhang, so it would just sit right in the hole.
The beauty of doing this versus permanently attaching the bin to the sewing table, is that we can just pop it out when we are done using it! Making easy work of getting rid of the ice and water!
Even with the weight of the ice and drinks combined, there are no worries it will fall through, because of the amount of overhang on either side. It’s very very sturdy!
Now add some drinking accessories like paper straws and cute cups, and you have a fun and functional drink station, that you can use indoors and out!
The cool thing is that it folds up for easy storage or it can be used as an end table!
I hope you like this simple DIY project!

Suggested materials for this project:

Linda Printemps

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!