Eclectic Red Barn
Eclectic Red Barn
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

4th of July Wine Bottle Centerpiece

Need a centerpiece for the 4th of July that is quick and easy to create? Why not use some blue wine bottles and decorate them with inexpensive items you have around the house or can get at your local Dollar Tree.
4th of july wine bottle centerpiece, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
If you don't drink wine, maybe a friend does and can give you their now empty wine bottles. You could always paint clear ones if needed.
Clean your bottles and remove the labels. You will probably have to soak them to get the label off and sometimes I need to use Goo Gone to get the glue off.
Once the bottles were cleaned and dried, I painted stars on the bottles. I used Stardom Craft Liquid Markers, but you could also just use white craft paint. I just drew them free hand and then filled them in.
I purchased this 4th of July garland at the Dollar Tree. I started at the top of one of my wine bottles and wrapped it around the top. I twisted it around to secure it.
I wrapped the garland around the bottles, using my glue gun to hold it in a few places and at the bottom of the bottle.
I placed my bottles on my 4th of July tray ad added my 4th of July cow decoration.
These bottles were so easy to make. I like to take them camping with us, since they are so portable.
You can see more about this centerpiece and how I made the tray, plus a 4th of July fabric garland on my website.
http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2015/06/4th-of-july-centerpiece.html

• Blue wine bottles
  • 4th of July Garland  (Dollar Tree)
  • Markers for glass or craft paiint
Eclectic Red Barn

• Kar1972770

can the garland be "shaped"? I'm thinking you could put some coming out, up, and away from the bottle to look like fireworks exploding.

• Joyce Scott

Eclectic Red Barn and Karmalaone, This is such a pretty and simple idea, and such a neat project. Eclectic Red Barn, GREAT Job with excellent professional appearance! Karmalaone, I think the garland is formed on small shapeable wiring. When I made a note of this project, I had added a tip about doing the "firework" idea also, along with partially filling the bottle with sand for stability if used outdoors; Also possibly using as a holder for tapers or seasonal flowers.
      As with any project, we are free to create the project as identified or expand on the item, adding our personal touches. This is what makes this site so special.