Stars and Stripes Rocker

Here's a fun way to display some Red, White, and Blue! I gave a child's rocker a patriotic makeover just in time for the 4th of July.
stars and stripes rocker, crafts, painted furniture, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor
I’ve had this child’s rocker for years and years. It’s been painted various colors over the years. For a long time, it's been stored away. This year, I decided to have some fun giving it a new look.
I began by spray painting it white using Rustoleum Universal Spray Paint.
I taped off parts of it and gave the exposed parts a coat of red paint.
After I brought it back inside, I decided I wasn’t thrilled with the look. I used tape again to try a few different looks. I used Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints in Flag Red and Deep Navy.
I painted a few wooden stars and used carpenter’s glue to secure them to the chair. I glued three to the top.
Then, I added three more to the front.
After painting and repainting, I was pleased with its look. I gave it a coat of Minwax Polycrylic Protective Spray Finish to protect the paint.
The finishing touch was to add an Uncle Sam wooden figurine nutcracker to it. It’s glued to the seat of the chair.
After all these years, it’s great to have found a fun use for this little rocking chair again.
To see more, please visit the link below.

• Spray Paint
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Carpenter's Glue

Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd