Grill Station Tutorial, How to Build Project

$50

My dad gave me this great little grill for the time being until I could afford a regular BIG grill and retire this little guy to camping. Honestly though I really don't need anything bigger and it sure is portable - I just needed a better place to set it on!

grill station tutorial , how to, outdoor furniture, outdoor living

My brother gave me a gorgeous slab of granite and I knew exactly where it would work best.

I started in the usual way: by going out to the barn and grabbing some old barn wood. Those lovely 4x4s are rough cut and OLD, they also fit right in with the 4×4 posts on our deck railing (yay) I expect to stain them along with the deck this fall. The rest of the base I built out of 2x6s I had on hand and that was as simple as a basic frame and 3″ outdoor torque screws.

I built the whole thing so the granite hangs over the sides a couple of inches, then I stained the new 2x6s so they weren’t so glaring beside the old 4x4s. Love how the wood grain stands out! I used Dark Walnut stain by minwax. I also sealed the 2x6s with two coats of an outdoor poly.

I finished my pipe rack for all of my grilling tools in only a few minutes and I think it added just the touch for the whole thing!

• 4x4 lumber
  • 2x6 lumber
GrandmasHouseDIY