DIY Coastal Napkin Rings

$5.00

I needed some beachy feeling napkin rings for an upcoming tablescape/dinner party and I didn't like the prices I was seeing in the stores. It was time to get creative!
I always look at the paper towel rolls when they are empty and try to figure out how I can use it. I often have thought of napkin rings, but it finally came to me as I was planning this tablescape.
So here it is, paper towel rolls, seashells and some hemp rope along with my hot glue gun were all it took to make those pretty napkin rings!
Step one was as easy as could be, I just took scissors and cut each paper towel roll into 3 inch pieces. Anyone can handle this project!
I began by tucking an end of the hemp rope inside the end of the tube and glued it there, then I just added a very little bit of hot glue and rolled the rope tightly around each cardboard tube. When I got to the other end, I glued the end securely to the edge of the cardboard tube.
The final step was to glue a seashell to each napkin ring. You can use this same idea and add all kinds of things to your rings, it doesn’t have to be a seashell.

• Hemp rope  (Amazon)
  • Seashells  (The Beach)
  • Paper Towel rolls  (Recycling)

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Everything Red For Canada Day
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Chloe Crabtree

• Suzanne Figueroa Alesi

Seahells?

• Ms. Fixit

seems like you could glue anything you like on them...my mind is whirling.

• Haysha S.

Where do you put the glue before winding the twine?

• Rii

Great idea but does toilet paper roll give anyone but me the YUK factor? Think I'd use paper towell rolls. Yes, I understand it is covered, but the napkin goes inside. Just seems there's a germ factor since they say flushing can scatter germs 40 feet and use covers on your toothbrush. Very cute.