A Delightful Damask Bucket Makeover

$5

There's nothing quite like damask to add a touch of drama and elegance to any setting. These delightful little buckets were super easy to make and cost next to nothing.
All you need is damask wrapping paper, cheap galvanized buckets, chalk, ribbon, beads and Mod Podge.
Use the chalk and draw along the top and bottom edges of the bucket. Draw a small line on the bottom of the bucket.
Place the bucket on it's side where the small line is and carefully but firmly roll the bucket on the wrapping paper to create a template. Just make sure that you go all the way around.
Cut out the template using the chalk marks as a guideline and glue the wrapping paper onto the bucket. I added some ribbon to tidy up the edges and sealed the wrapping paper with outdoor Mod Podge.
Thread some pretty plastic beads onto a bit of wire for the handles and they're all done.
For more how to's and easy DIY projects come say Hi on the blog.

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Michelle Leslie

• Bettypiahana
    Bettypiahana

How did you get a tidy wrap around since the top of the bucket is wider than the bottom?

• Michelle Leslie
      Michelle Leslie

All the beautiful ladies answered the question for me. Thank you. Yes the chalk marks all around the top and bottom rim of the bucket transfer onto the wrapping paper to create a template

• Estelle
    Estelle

Wine corks. We have bags full. What can we do with them?

• Eliza Spear
      Eliza Spear

I only have one but I drew a face and hair on it with markers and played with my granddaughter with the 'person'

• Donna Simmons
    Donna Simmons

Is that a real car or dog in your photo @ it's really cute

• Carey
      Carey

You could do this with paint and a stencil as well. What a neat idea!

• Jo Ann
    Jo Ann

I always throw things away, but not anymore, thanks it's beautiful

• Chris
    Chris

Thank you so much for your tutorial. I have a little trash basket I wanted to cover and did not know how to make the template. I really like the way you finished it with the ribbon. Your project is beautiful.