Shawna Bailey
Shawna Bailey
  • West Orange, NJ

Easy Hammer Hack to Hang Onto Your Nails

$2

Picture this: you're standing on your ladder trying to put up that beautiful family picture on a gallery wall. You're about to hammer in a nail for the frame when, suddenly, it drops on the floor.
This happens to me all the time, and nothing is more annoying than dropping my nails, climbing down the ladder, picking them up, climbing up the ladder, only to drop them again. I know most people like to put their nails in their mouth while hammering, but I don't like doing that. So I was really happy when my friend told me this solution. Simply glue a strong magnet to the bottom of your hammer, and it will easily hold your nails for you.
Here's how to do it.
easy hammer hack, crafts, how to, wall decor
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
I used adhesive craft glue (not pictured), a strong circle magnet, and my handy-dandy hammer.
Step 2: Put Glue on Your Magnet
Put some glue on the bottom of the magnet. Don't do what I did and put too much glue that it squishes out from under the magnet.
Step 3: Firmly Press the Magnet to the Hammer
Press the magnet firmly to the bottom of the hammer. Most glues (like mine) have a drying time of about 30 minutes. I didn’t hold my magnet on for 30 minutes. Instead, I stood it up against my ladder, so the the weight of the hammer was pushing down on the magnet.
Step 4: Put Some Nails on It
I didn't actually have to put the nails on, because the magnet was so strong that it swept them up from my hand. They stick so well. I only needed a few nails, so I stuck them on and continued hammering.
What clever little hack! Now I can hang up all my picture frames for my gallery.

• Craft Glue
  • Strong Magnet
  • Hammer

• S

How strong a magnet?

• Jennie Lee

If you buy your magnets on eBay, they tell the strength of the magnets. Then you can buy the ones that are the right size, and buy the strongest available. Done.

• Atu7066101

When u hammer a nail, d other nails on d hammer may fall fall down.

• Shawna Bailey

no. as long as use a strong enough magnet. I tested the magnet by putting on some nails and giving it a good shake.

• Carlie Warren

I have a project apron perfect for tools, nails, etc. Cost 99 cents at lumber yard.

• Nancy

You can also put magnet on side of your hammer and perfect for sticking it to metal when done using your hammer great hacks ideas thanks for sharing:)