Traditional Kitchen Remodel: Before & After

This kitchen transformation was done by Rob's Remodeling Inc. in Northbrook, IL. Rob loves adding under cabinet lighting to any kitchen he does, “When I talk someone into doing under cabinet lighting,” he said, “it’s the difference between a good kitchen and a kickass kitchen.”
Here's the kitchen before any work started.
Here's the kitchen before, at another angle.
Another "before" shot.
The kitchen before.
During the kitchen remodel.
Here's the final product.
Another "After" shot.
A beautiful backsplash.

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Annie J

• Joan

Very nice. I'm wondering what time of day you took the "after" pictures? Were there any window changes? I am intrigued by the picture with the "floating jacket"- was someone throwing it as you took the shot? Made me laugh :^)

• Rob

I never saw the picture that way. It was a brand new coat and sitting on the stool and counter top. It does look like the coat is thrown in the air. We finished the job in November. No window changes. I custom fabricated all the trim in the kitchen to match the rest of the residence. Owners year after year added new materials without removing the old materials. The "Before" kitchen flooring was Oak and was on top of an existing Maple floor. That was the problem, the dishwasher broke and you could not replace it because of the amount of flooring in the kitchen. In the second "Before" picture there is a cabinet with a micro wave on the top shelf. That cabinet is in front of a fireplace. Some knucklehead cut a hole through the exterior wall to run a galvanized ductwork or the fireplace venting/flue. The problem was that when the worker drilled through the wall he found a beam. Not thinking, he cut the beam to run the duct. That beam was the corner support post for the back of the house. The second floor was cantilevered over that post. During the next Five years the house sank 1-3/4". The kitchen project became a structural engineer, foundation, and steel I-beam type of job. After I jacked the house up and repaired the structural problems then we started the kitchen. Rob Chatterton/President, Rob's Remodeling Inc. Northbrook, IL 60062