Traditional Kitchen Remodel: Before & After

This kitchen transformation was done by Rob's Remodeling Inc. in Northbrook, IL. Rob loves adding under cabinet lighting to any kitchen he does, “When I talk someone into doing under cabinet lighting,” he said, “it’s the difference between a good kitchen and a kickass kitchen.”
traditional kitchen remodel before after, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, lighting, Here s the kitchen before any work started
Here's the kitchen before any work started.
traditional kitchen remodel before after, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, lighting, Here s the kitchen before at another angle
Here's the kitchen before, at another angle.
traditional kitchen remodel before after, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, lighting, Another before shot
Another "before" shot.
traditional kitchen remodel before after, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, lighting, The kitchen before
The kitchen before.
traditional kitchen remodel before after, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, lighting, During the kitchen remodel
During the kitchen remodel.
traditional kitchen remodel before after, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, lighting, Here s the final product
Here's the final product.
traditional kitchen remodel before after, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, lighting, Another After shot
Another "After" shot.
traditional kitchen remodel before after, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, lighting, A beautiful backsplash
A beautiful backsplash.
Annie J

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 6 comments
  • Joan Joan on Aug 06, 2014
    Very nice. I'm wondering what time of day you took the "after" pictures? Were there any window changes? I am intrigued by the picture with the "floating jacket"- was someone throwing it as you took the shot? Made me laugh :^)
  • Rob Rob on Mar 24, 2015
    I never saw the picture that way. It was a brand new coat and sitting on the stool and counter top. It does look like the coat is thrown in the air. We finished the job in November. No window changes. I custom fabricated all the trim in the kitchen to match the rest of the residence. Owners year after year added new materials without removing the old materials. The "Before" kitchen flooring was Oak and was on top of an existing Maple floor. That was the problem, the dishwasher broke and you could not replace it because of the amount of flooring in the kitchen. In the second "Before" picture there is a cabinet with a micro wave on the top shelf. That cabinet is in front of a fireplace. Some knucklehead cut a hole through the exterior wall to run a galvanized ductwork or the fireplace venting/flue. The problem was that when the worker drilled through the wall he found a beam. Not thinking, he cut the beam to run the duct. That beam was the corner support post for the back of the house. The second floor was cantilevered over that post. During the next Five years the house sank 1-3/4". The kitchen project became a structural engineer, foundation, and steel I-beam type of job. After I jacked the house up and repaired the structural problems then we started the kitchen. Rob Chatterton/President, Rob's Remodeling Inc. Northbrook, IL 60062
Next