Wall Pockets From 3 Ring Binders

Wall mounted file pockets are expensive. We’ll, we’ve found a way to make super cheap & creative wall mounted holders using 3 ring binders! The pockets can be used to organize or hold all types of things but we created 7 DIFFERENT PRINTABLES so they can be used as a homework helper. COMPLETE DETAILS, PHOTOS & PRINTABLES ON OUR SITE HERE
SUPPLIES
1″ 3 ring binders with insertable covers
1″ x 9″ or longer paint sticks
Saw for cutting paint sticks
FREE PRINTABLES on our site
Paint
Glue gun (E6000 for a much stronger hold)
Command Strips
Wet Erase Markers
Basic supplies needed.
The first thing you need to do is remove the metal ring strip from each of the binders. This can be a little tricky depending on the type, but generally you can carefully pry them off using screwdriver and pliers. We insert a large flat screwdriver next to where it was attached and then twisted the screwdriver to help pull the metal up.
Cut your paint sticks to about 8.5″ or 9″. These will fall about an inch below the top so that there is a little give when placing items in the pouches.
Paint the sticks.
Start by gluing along one side of the binder as far up as the stick will go. (You could also glue directly onto the stick. Place the stick in place quickly. Do this for both sides of the binder. Make sure to keep the sticks at the edge of the binder. You don't want to place them too far in!
You will then Place a line of glue on the tops of the sticks and fold the opposite side of your binder over onto the wood strips being careful to line them up correctly. *** MORE DETAILS ON OUR SITE***
GET THE FREE PRINTABLES ON OUR SITE HERE
Insert your covers of choice.
Completed wall pouches! They hang easily on the wall using Command Strips!
For the charts you can write directly on the front of the binders with q WET ERASE marker!

Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Vicki
    Vicki

Love these! How did you attach them to the wall?

• Yep command strips! I've also got a post coming up this Wednesday on my site where I use one of these for a project and put grommets in it to hang it with. Ü I'll be sharing that post here too.

• Karen Stripling
    Karen Stripling

Great idea I'm going to share at work as a project for the kids on our annual Earth Day celebration at my agency. We have tons of binders and many the rings don't close properly, so we get rid of them. Question: can you open from the side or do you pull items out from the top? Thanks so much for the awesome idea!

• Christy Roppel
    Christy Roppel

Hi! Love the idea, but it seems like when you would put pressure (as in writing or pulling items out) on them, they would come apart. The side of the paint stick is so narrow that unless the glue was extremely durable, it would come apart or the stick would break. What is your thought/history on this?

• Christine O'Dell-Wills
    Christine O'Dell-Wills

Love this idea

• Sherry C
    Sherry C

This is a great upcycling idea! When I saw it, I thought of a slight alteration: I want to make the pocket to look like leather-bound books by covering the binder with recycled leather of faux leather, and comb painting the wood to resemble book pages. I would use gold or silver paint to trim, and stencil on a title. Do you think it would work?