1970's Kitchen Gets a Modern Farmhouse Makeover!

Our 1978 kitchen needed a complete overhaul so we did just that! Check out how we transformed dark and dated to bright and modern!

First things first, the kitchen floor plan was terribly closed off and tiny. We took out one entire wall and enlarged the floor plan by at least 4 feet.

Next up, we finished tearing out the rest of the cabinets and soffit, and then installed 5" wide Pine Plank hardwood floors.

The stain color is Early American by MinWax. After flooring was finished, we installed new cabinets that we bought from Ikea.

Once all of the cabinets were installed, we topped them with Carrara Marble. I absolutely love the look and feel of marble!

Shiplap adorning the walls finished out the look of our modern farmhouse and here's the after.

The open shelving allows me to utilize practical storage as well as tons of styling opportunities.

Thanks for looking at our kitchen makeover! If you've liked what you've seen here, I hope you'll check out my blog where I have many more before and after photos of my projects along with source lists and paint colors!! Click the link added:) Have a great day!

Everything Red For Canada Day
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Kayla Payne

• Jjqq
    Jjqq

So, was this a DIY project- or just hired others to put in new floors and cabinets , countertops, etc? It’s very nice -

• Dmotan
    Dmotan

Just gorgeous. The carrara marble is epoxy? Is it holding up well?

I love carrara marble but went with granite for my remodel. Still wish I had marble.

You are very talented.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

How much did the entire project cost?

Did you do all the work yourself, or did you hire out for any particulars?

Answers to these questions would be helpful to others who are planning and trying to set a realistic budget for their kitchen renovations.

• Hope
    Hope

Guessing you hired pros for the re-model because there's a lot more done than the basic "swapping out the cabinets". It looks great but, there's no mention of what the project costs came in at or how much of the work was done by you.

• Flipturn
      Flipturn

I agree. Knowing how much the entire project cost, and how much of the work they did themselves would be very helpful to others who are wanting to renovate their similar-looking dated kitchens.

Even most magazines now give some indication of the costs involved.

• Ann
    Ann

Gorgeous! BRAVO!