Paracord Wine Bottle Bird Feeder

I've eyed many wine bottle bird feeder designs over the past few months. I decided to come up with a different design. This design uses paracord and wine corks. Now I can wine and dine my birds in style.
I traced out my boards using dinner plates. 8 inches for top board and 6 inches for middle and bottom board. I cut, drilled and sanded all three boards and finished with 3 coats of latex paint.
I tied a 4-strand braid onto a carabiner for the hanger. Ended the braid with an overhand knot.
Fed the paracord through the holes and tied stopper knots to hold the whole assembly together. Used a level and adjusted knots to keep boards level.
Drilled holes through the corks and fed them on the paracord as I assembled the feeder.
Brought the 4 strands together underneath and tied an overhand knot. Cut excess and singed ends with a lighter.
Use a funnel to fill the wine bottle with bird seed.
If you would like to receive tutorials like this one in your inbox, please consider joining my Four Oaks Crafts Newsletter. I send out 1 to 2 emails per month, and I do NOT share emails. You can go over to my website and look on the left hand side for the sign up box.
When you join, I'll send you my free Home Shop Safety & Tool Checklist. This is very handy to have if you're starting a shop or taking inventory of an existing one. Shop safety and organization should take center stage.
Thanks, and happy crafting!!

Stephen Scott Johnson

• Jackie Byrd

Was the purpose of the corks between the 2nd and 3rd board for spacers between the boards? You could have tied knots instead, right? And what was the purpose of the corks between the 1st and 2nd board? Sorry, I don't understand if the cork and birds have some special connection or if they were just "on hand and convenient".

• Phillipcardjr

Really nice finished feeder. Are you going to be adding anything like dowel rod or other for a perch? The area looks a little small for some of the birds that would enjoy what you are offering.

paracord wine bottle bird feeder, animals, crafts, gardening, pets animals, repurposing upcycling, tools, simply thought I d share this with my question
    • Stephen Scott Johnson

The bottom board seems to have enough room to accommodate smaller birds. I suppose you could add some dowels to the edge of that bottom board. That would give larger birds something the perch on.

• Carol Smith

Yes, adding the corks would help. a Frisbee might work, but then you wouldn't be able to hang it out in the weather. I like the idea, I'm hoping to make some, I have a stash of wine bottles and was wondering what I was going to do with them.

• Judy smith

I did not have corks but used pvc pipe that I cut to size, painted it the color of the boards and it worked fine, made the boards very durable.