How I Turned a Breadbox Into a Toy House!!!

I picked up this old vintage bread box for 2.00 and turned it into a one of a kind
GINGER bread BOX toy house!!!
You can see all the details on my post................
A GingerBread House
Painted bushes - window and door - stick on " diamonds " as lights and butterfly and flower stickers!!!
A GingerBread House Painted bushes - window and door - stick on " diamonds " as lights and butterfly and flower stickers!!!
Typical Bread Box
Typical Bread Box
I added some small moldings to use as planter and architectural detail over the front door
some tiny planters were cut out of spare " trim " wood I had laying around -
I painted in some foliage
and used a stencil to create the " iron work " between the windows
I painted in some foliage and used a stencil to create the " iron work " between the windows
This is the "drop door " for the bread box - I turned it into the front lawn of the house
Simply Vintageous...by Suzan

• Karen Mortimore

What a cute idea!! Sturdy enough it can really be played with! Fire House or Barn for boys; will be keeping my eye out for a bread box next time I go garage selling. Thanks for sharing.

• Elizabeth Dwyer Simpson

Plain bread boxes like plain garage doors are boring. But you have certainly kicked it up many notches with your very active imagination. It's so special! I'm sure you receive many complements for it. Please let us see more of your artistry!