Painting Kitchen Linoleum.

$80

I bought the house because of the potential. I painted almost everything in the kitchen. When I read that you could paint linoleum I had to try it.
I used porch and patio paint. Since the kitchen is such a high traffic area I thought it would be more durable.
First step was to clean the floor well (sorry no pictures). Then I primed the entire floor.
Tape of the squares (or whatever design you'd like)
Start painting! Check the back of your paint to see how long to wait between coats. I only did 2 coats because my back was killing me. In the end I was painting on my stomach. This was a weekend project. You should probably give yourself a little more time :)
I did nail down a couple corners that had started to pull up. I used a regular hammer and nails that I had on-hand.
Pull up the tape. And use what ever floor protectant you'd like. I used some cheep stuff I bought from Family Dollar. Make sure it drys well.
And Violà!
I actually sold the house 3 years later. And the floor was still nice. I'd recommend not using such light colors though, everything showed up on that floor.

• Porch and patio paint in white and grey.  (Home depot)
  • Painters tape, paint rollers  (Home Depot)
  • Some kind of floor protectant  (Home Depot)

Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Everything Red For Canada Day
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend

• Hillela G.
    Hillela G.

I'm so inspired! Great work!!

• Elizabeth Siegle
    Elizabeth Siegle

What a great idea! Question: Our linoleum has a spot where someone either dropped a heavy can (judging from the size of the rings) or hammered a lid onto a stain can. Ther are 3 partial rings denting the linoleum. Any suggestions how to deal with that before painting?