How To Turn a Mason Jar Into a Frankenstein Beverage Cup

Frugal crafts are simply the best. If you already own a few mason jars you are off to a great start. You will need to gather or collect a few more supplies to put together these jar. It literally took me less than 5 minutes to create each jar. Clever and inexpensive
Best part of all… When you are done using, simply pull off the balloon and you have your mason jar back for preserving your apple sauce
1. First wash and dry your jars so they are ready for serving
2. Then cut off the long skinny part of the green balloon and cut part of the other end of the balloon as well. You want there to be a hole on each end of the balloon.
3. Stretch the balloon over the bottom half of the cup.
4. Cut the black balloon like you did the green. On one end you can cut out a bit of angles for Frank’s hair do.
5. Stretch the balloon over the top half of the balloon.
6. Lift one end of the balloon on the jar and make a very small slit in the green balloon for the mouth. It will stretch and form an ‘O’ shape on it’s own.
7. Hot glue two googly eyes onto the balloon.
8. Using a Sharpie, draw on stitches.
Don’t forget the very last step…..add in a great straw and have some fun (ok two last steps)
To View my Finished Frankenstein Cup - Click here
To View More Related Frugal Living Posts From Jen

• Mason Jars  (http://fave.co/2cTb0ud)
  • Green Balloon  (local craft store)
  • Black Balloon  (local craft store)

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Jennifer Schreiner

• Jamie

LOVE THIS! Brilliant! Do you know how to make Santa ???

• Jamie

I think I'll give it a try! (If I do end up doing that, I'll share! THANK YOU for this idea...so cute!)

• Mary Hofstra

How do you keep the balloons from rolling up or down, depending on which balloon is on top, the green or black?

• Jennifer Schreiner

Good Question!!!! I didn't have an issues with balloons moving or rolling. They were pretty stable on the glass jar. The glass did give them enough grip. Especially, with the tautness of the balloon stretching over the mason jar. However, I am thinking if it was done on a smaller plastic cup/jar you may have that problem.

• Glenna Potish

Could you Modge Podge or something similar over balloons before gluing on eyes and adding any other features to help seal the ends of the balloons to one another? I'm just wondering if these were used for a child's party, especially, that the edges of the different colors would move or curl a bit with little sticky fingers, etc. Just Hodge Podge below the neck of the jar in case that was used for drinking.

• Jennifer Schreiner

I guess you could, but I did not. I want to do a project that I could reverse. I actually use my jars for canning and did not want anything that would be permanent. Hey.. it is worth trying it out.