Medicine Cabinet Refresh

1 Material
$20

The medicine cabinet can be a bit of an eyesore and a typically uninspiring part of your bathroom decor. However a bit of pretty peel and stick wallpaper can go a long way! Read on to see how to take your medicine cabinet from drab to fab with this fun and simple makeover and don't miss my other drab-to-fab Chic Toilet Paper Storage Tutorial!
Here's how our medicine cabinets looked before - boring!
Step 1: Measure the cabinet space and cut a piece of removable peel and stick wallpaper to size. I found my wallpaper on Spoonflower.com (this print is called California Dreaming). I used a cutting mat and a rotary cutter to create a nice cut.
Step 2: prep your medicine cabinet by cleaning it and removing any shelves. If for some reason your shelves can't be moved you can cut smaller pieces of wallpaper to put between the shelves.
Step 3: Peel the backing off of your wallpaper and carefully adhere to the back of the medicine cabinet. If you get any air bubbles you can use a credit card to smooth them out!
I gave my husband's medicine cabinet a makeover too!
My medicine cabinet now makes me smile when I open it thanks to this cheerful cactus print!
Love this cacti wallpaper as much as I do? Then check out these DIY Personalized Notebooks I made with the wallpaper scraps leftover from this project!

• Removable wallpaper  (spoonflower.com)

Design Improvised | Haeley Giambalvo

• Car12426216

How can I cover the mirror to make it look like a picture l still use the cabinet.

• Jewellmartin

Hi! I would probably use Contact paper to cover the mirror simply because of the price and availability of new patterns. After measuring the mirror, I would cut the Contact paper a little larger than the mirror. After applying the paper and smoothing any wrinkles or bubbles, I would use an X-acto knife to cut off the extra and tuck the bare edges into the mirror frame. This process works for drawers, boxes and picture frames. We can all enjoy nice spaces. Best wishes. ☺️

• Karen Hyde

I love that paper! Is it still available somewhere?

• Joan

Doing this would still not change the fact that the medicine cabinet is an eyesore unless one kept the medicine cabinet door open all the time so the wallpaper would show.

• Phyllis

I think it's lovely. I painted the wood around my mirror on the outside of my medicine cabinet. Your project will complete the transformation. Thank you.