No Sew Sweater Pumpkins

It’s this time of year you start thinking about getting out your warm clothes, and maybe there’s a few sweaters that have been stored for the summer that you don’t think you’ll be wearing again… what to do?
Turn them into pumpkins!! If you don’t have any sweaters you want to use for these head to your local Goodwill or thrift store.. then get to making some adorable sweater pumpkins!
no sew sweater pumpkins, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, storage ideas
First thing is to cut apart your sweaters. My big orange and tan ones are a sweater body cut right below the armpits
For the smaller orange one and the green one I used the sweater arms. Each part makes a different shape and size pumpkin
Turn your sweater part inside out and gather one end and tie yarn around it. It’s a little harder with the bigger pieces but it can be done. It doesn’t have to be super tight you want about a finger size hole left.
Now turn it right side out. You’ll have kind of a little bag
Now stuff it full of fluff.. don’t be skimpy, stuff it really nice and full.
Now if you have a smaller piece like an arm you can roll the top edge in like a donut.
If you have a bigger piece, like a sweater body you’ll need to tack the top together using your yarn and needle. It doesn’t have to be pretty just nicely gathered at the top
Now find stick the needle up through the little hole in the bottom where you gathered the sweater, and stick your other hand in the top to pull the needle through.. be careful!! You could probably do this without the needle, I just think it makes life a lot easier!
Now that you’ve pulled your yarn through from top to bottom, pull it back to the bottom and tie a knot. This creates your first ridge in the pumpkin. Now put it back through and around again. Pull them tight to create nice ridges.
Now you’re going to stick your stem into place. If you want to add a touch of glue to secure it you can. I just jammed mine in there between the yarn. I wanted to keep the stem removeable for storage puropses
Now tie on some raffia, add some berries and leaves, or any other fall decorations you want!
For even more details and supply list make sure to check out the full post on my blog!
Far From Normal