How to Flock Your Own Christmas Tree

$20

We’ve had our average sized, pre-lit, Christmas tree for probably about 4 years now. It still works, it’s still in pretty good condition, we don’t really NEED a new one. But when I saw a beautiful flocked Christmas Tree this year, I literally could not stop thinking about it. I wanted a flocked Christmas Tree SO bad.
I started looking around at prices. The ones that look really good, are really expensive. I couldn’t just toss our perfectly good Christmas Tree and spend a bunch of money on a new one. My husband would kill me. Ha! So I started looking into flocking my own.
I found Sno-Flock online on Amazon through Seasons Reflection. It's not always available on Amazon, but you can buy it directly from the company on their website. I set up shop in my screened-in porch. It stays pretty warm in there with the windows on, and there’s no wind. The garage would also work. Here is what my tree looked like before any flocking.
I laid a tarp down under the tree so no Sno-Flock would get on the floor. It was really not as messy as I was expecting. First I put the Sno-Flock in a strainer and grabbed a spray bottle filled with water. Then all I did was spray and sift while the Sno-Flock fell like snow. It’s SO easy!
I stopped when it looked like it was just a light coat of snow on the whole tree. I made some spots thicker than others. Once I was done, I did one more coat of water with my spray bottle over the whole tree to seal the Sno-Flock. (I followed the instructions that came with the Sno-Flock exactly.)
I bought the 5 lb bag of Sno-Flock and I have about half left, so the 2 lb bag probably would’ve been fine (but now I have enough left over to flock everything in sight!). It took about a day to completely dry. The snow turned hard and stuck on the tree really well so it didn’t make too big of a mess when we brought it in the house.
So easy! And now I have a mini winter wonderland in my living room!
Edit: 2 years and a new house later, our flocked tree has held up great!

• Sno-Flock  (Amazon (Link in Post))
  • Christmas Tree

The Cofran Home

• Patty cooper

did you have to disassemble your tree to put it away? if so did any of the snow fall off or make a mess?

• Sheri

That is beautiful! I was wondering if the flocking covered the lights at all?

• Toni

I imagine that it wouldn’t if you flocked it before putting your lights on. I really don’t know because I have never flocked a Christmas tree before 🙄🥰

• Joanne Frank Cassidy

So how do you store your tree?

• Michelle

Many years ago, my mom wanted a flocked tree, but they were pretty costly even then. We bought a flocking kit and had a ball doing this. Really good memories, but had this product been available, so much easier!!! And so less time consuming I think I might try it on a smaller tree that I have...

• Beattie Mary Ella

Love it, would defii

nitely try to do it. Brought back old memories of years ago when my dad did our tree.