Katie Nathey
Katie Nathey
  • Alpharetta, GA

DIY Pumpkin Wreath

I recently made my very first Fall/Halloween wreath using painted pumpkins, wire, twine burlap and moss. My favorite thing about this wreath is that I am able to have it up for fall, yet with a few little tweaks it easily transitions into Halloween. This wreath was pretty simple to make, and since I already had some of the materials on hand this baby cost me less than $10! You can check out my blog for the full post, as well as 2 other front door Halloween decor ideas from 2 of my blogger buddies.
Here is my DIY White Pumpkin Wreath.
The first thing I did was pick up a grapevine wreath for less than $3 at JoAnn’s after a 40% off coupon.
I then searched EVERYWHERE for small plastic pumpkins that I could paint white, because I figured that would be the best option. However, I didn’t find any that I liked at a price I liked, so I went with real pumpkins instead.
I
bought a couple bags of mini pumpkins at $2.99 each and then painted them white. Since they are real I used wire and twine to attach the pumpkins to the wreath {no glue} so that I can easily detach them when necessary.
The wire scratched some of the white paint off, so I simply did some touch-ups afterwards.
I also tucked some loose moss in between the branches and tied a burlap bow on top. I attached a chalkboard sign {what I made our DIY beverage tags out of} that said "Happy Halloween" to transition it into Halloween :)

Katie Nathey