Diva of DIY
Diva of DIY
  • Kansas City, MO

How to Make a Dollar Store Pumpkin Fabulously Metallic

$5

Are you looking for a cheap pumpkin project? Head to the Dollar Store and grab a pumpkin and some thumbtacks and make this fabulous metallic pumpkin!
If you are in love with the industrial look as much as I am these pumpkins will fit right in to your fall decor! So add some shine to your pumpkins this year for that extra sparkle!
how to make a dollar store pumpkin fabulously metallic, how to, seasonal holiday decor
The supplies needed to make your metallic pumpkin are pretty simple:
Dollar Store Foam Pumpkin
Thumbtacks
Metallic Paint
Painters Tape
Tape off the pumpkin stem if you do not want it to be silver.
Spray paint the rest of the pumpkin with the silver metallic paint. This helps so you do not have to worry about gaps. Believe me, the gabs will drive you crazy if you do not! Lol!
Starting at the top of the pumpkin by the stem start pushing the thumbtacks into the foam pumpkin.
Continue going around and down the pumpkin, pushing thumbtacks in as close to each other as you can. This will take some time but I promise it is worth it! I will admit that I wouldn't want to make a pumpkin any bigger than these small pumpkins!
Looking for a faster method or another style to add with your metallic pumpkin? Follow the link below to see how to make the gold pumpkin.
For other great fall pumpkin ideas click HERE

• Pumpkin  (Dollar Tree Store)
  • Thumbtacks  (Dollar Tree Store)
  • Rust-oleum Spray Paint  (Hardware or Craft Store)
Diva of DIY

• Leslie

Great idea, I was thinking hobnails would look great too, thank you for sharing :)

• Brenda S.

SO pretty! I love the thumbtacks!!