Redoux Interiors
Redoux Interiors
  • Brentwood, CA

Metallic Faux Pumpkins

Paint Faux Pumpkins with Metallic Martha Stewart Paints. Layer the paints to give a faux "gilded" effect. Add a little wire stem for for a realistic pumpkin tendril. So much better than the real thing!
Layered Martha Stewart Metallic Paints make a gorgeous "Gilded" look on Faux Pumpkins
Start with a basic plastic or foam pumpkin.  You can even use a real pumpkin.  (But don't store it for next year!)
Start with a basic plastic or foam pumpkin. You can even use a real pumpkin. (But don't store it for next year!)
I like Martha Stewart Metallic Craft paints for small projects.  They are highly pigmented and cover well.
I like Martha Stewart Metallic Craft paints for small projects. They are highly pigmented and cover well.
I did gold and silver metallics.  Base coated in one or the other colors.  Then "Dry Brushed" another metallic over. See how little paint is on my brush?
I did gold and silver metallics. Base coated in one or the other colors. Then "Dry Brushed" another metallic over. See how little paint is on my brush?
Take a find gauge wire, about 3 inches.  Wrap it around a pencil. Makes an instant Pumpkin Tendril.
Take a find gauge wire, about 3 inches. Wrap it around a pencil. Makes an instant Pumpkin Tendril.
Use a sharp fine tool, like a dowel, or a sharp pencil to poke a hole in top of pumpkin to add the tendril.  Here is the Gold and Orange Version.
Use a sharp fine tool, like a dowel, or a sharp pencil to poke a hole in top of pumpkin to add the tendril. Here is the Gold and Orange Version.
This is my Bronze and Gold Version.  You can come up with endless combinations using this technique.
This is my Bronze and Gold Version. You can come up with endless combinations using this technique.

Redoux Interiors