How to Make Fabulous Gift Bags From 2/$1 Dollar Tree Bags

Here are some fun and fabulous Gift Bags you can make from Dollar Tree 2/$1 gift bags.
Are you thinking it’s too early to think about Christmas Gifts??? Well it’s not that far away so I thought I’d start sharing some tips and ways to help you save $$ but look like you spent a lot. You don’t need a lot of $$ to make your great gifts look fabulous!!
These 2/$1 gift bags from the Dollar Tree Store that you can embellish and make personal.
I love hitting the Dollar Tree and the 99 Cents Store to see what I can find to add to my gift wrap stash. I’ll show you a few new great things too. What you’ll need: 1. Wrapping paper scraps, 2. Burlap & twine, 3. Buttons & Fabric Scraps, 4. Craft Paint & Stencils or Stamps, 5. Tulle – I just got it at the $ Tree for $, 6. Scotch Tape – Just got their fabulous Scotch wrist tape holders at the $ Tree too. The Stencils I bought at Michaels for $6.99 – 40% off (you can pull their weekly add up on your phone and the cashier will scan it for you), the Crown Stamp was $1 and the HO letters came from an Alphabet Stamp set that was .50 at a yard sale. Then I picked my letters for JOY and HO HO HO and began stamping. Ok what worked best was to dab my paint sponge dobber into the paint and then dry it a little on the plate this way it didn’t spread under. That took a try or two but don’t tell anyone. Once I did my stamping, I then cut some scraps and laid out some buttons and then got out my glue gun. They don’t have to be perfect at all. HAVE FUN with them. I just glued buttons on that I had, stamped some crowns and cut some scraps of burlap and red & white ticking stripes to tie on handles. What do you think??? The Scotch Wrist Tape Dispensers were bought because I was selected as on of 8 finalists in Scotches Most Gifted Wrapper Contest and got to go to New York last year in December to compete for $10,000. The fun story and pics are on the blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

• Mary
    Mary

I actually use the previous years Christmas cards to decorate plain bags. The leftover pieces can be made into gift tags as well!great January project.

• Gail
    Gail

I use my old Christmas cards to make name tags and designs on the bags. Really dresses up the bags.