Andrea
Andrea
  • Warren, PA

Laundy/mud Room Makeover

When we moved into our house we knew we were going to be updating every room. A little overwhelming. I figured I'd start with the laundry room..
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
I wanted this room to be as bright as possible. It's small and has a small window that doesn't let much light in. I decided to paint the walls white and shelves white.
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
My husband wanted to put sliding doors on the pantry area...I decided on a curtain. I wanted to be able to see everything and get to things I needed easily. Plus this seemed was easier than finding doors that would fit.
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
I wanted my laundry stuff to be hidden so we built doors for the shelves above the washer and dryer. I knew I wanted a color on them and decided to look through all my left over paint and found black. That works! We added some pretty hardware to them.
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
I added a shelf between the cupboards. Stained the wood with minwax Jacobean and bought the hardware at Lowe's.
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
I made the coat rack. Used wood we had. Stained with minwax Jacobean and got the hooks at home depot. I painted the chair black and reupholstered with a fun Chevron pattern. My husband made me this awesome thing to hold my boots!
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
laundy mud room makeover, foyer
And that's it! Still needs some work...need to paint door, heater and change outlets. We spent around$100 on this room. I already the paint and the most of the wood. Pretty simple for my first makeover in this house. It got me pumped up to take on the rest of the house!