How to Paint $1 Flower Pots and Add Color to Your Backyard

$20

Our backyard needs a lot of love but after pouring all our money into our 93 year old home I had to get creative this summer to make it look pretty, add some color and do it on a budget??? In less than an hour my daughter and I painted a bunch of these pots in red, yellow, green and orange. This is a great idea for kids because they don't have to be perfect.
how to paint 1 flower pots and add color to your backyard easyupdate, painted furniture
You can even add dots, stripes or handprints if you like. We have them all around our patio and it really gave it that “Punch” of color.
I found these terracotta pots at the .99 Cents Store and they carry them all year I believe!!!
We already had patio furniture so I just found some pretty striped cushions at Marshalls and covered a $2 ottoman with fun bright fabric.
I bought some pretty flowers at Armstrong Nursery, but if I hit it right some days I will find beautiful little flowers at the .99 Cents store too.
I just put a rock or two in the bottom for some drainage and then used a good potting compost to add in with the flowers.
I put them up our little stair way too and they coordinate with the striped rug.
Now we have two dogs and one is a puppy so if left unattended for too long she will knock them over and do a little digging, so I can easily move them up high when I need too.
Here's how I did it. I bought some craft paint at Michaels. You can usually find it for about $.69 to 1 and they always have coupons too. You can add the app right to your phone.
We applied two coats of paint and it dried in a couple hours outside.
We didn’t tape off as they are going outside and we weren’t going for perfection here.
So I just planted the pretty flowers and then watered them well. If you want to take a tour of our back yard please click above on our blog link and you can see our pretty pool too. Ideas Feature
Here they are a year later and the pots still look great and add fun bright color to your yard!!!
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa
Click on link below for full tutorial and more pictures
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll