Stair Railing Makeover DIY Baluster

$32.84
1 Week

We live in a bi-level and guests enter our home and come up five stairs into the living room. The stair railing that is at the top of those stairs can be seen in this photo:
My living room recently underwent a major makeover, and so let me show you a more up-to-date photograph from a different angle.
That couch does permanently reside in front of the stair railing, but regardless I felt the outdated oak needed to go and I should make a change.
The first things I did was demolish the existing baluster, but I kept the newel post. I cut off the top and refaced it, adding a new post cap and post skirt.
Then I drilled into the newel post as well as created a half post to be against the wall that would hold horizontally placed conduit poles. This process is all pretty complicated to explain, but if you visit my blog, you can watch a 5-minute video of me completing the project step by step.
When I was all done, this was the new design! I did follow building regulations in my state with 4" measurements between railings and weight bearing requirements. Since this railing protects against falls down a very short flight of stairs, I felt comfortable constructing this horizontal design.
The transformation has been incredible. The look and feel of our house has completely changed when people enter up the steps.
Oh and by the way, doesn’t my sign of family values wall decor look awesome in the background!? You might have seen my last post on Hometalk where I painted my hallway trim white and the doors black, so now our stairs match!
Be sure to pin these images and visit my blog to watch the time lapse video! It is really cool to see how this transformation was done, all in one week!

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Welcome to the Woods

• Heje

The look is very modern and chique looking. Enjoy it!

• Sid28644728

Love the look!!

Parents teach your children, watch your children!!

STOP ENABLING YOUR CHILDREN!!!