Symea
Symea
  • Park City, UT

Upgrading the Front

My siding/brick ranch home had a flat front that was plain and boring. A huge, dying grass yard with broken old cement stairs. ( what you can't see is the flat gravel roof that is 40 years old) It looked more like a double wide trailer with no appeal. So I added a portico, new roof, new paint, small deck with pergola, whole new drip line system with xeriscape, and some mighty large rocks. Also the most
upgrading the front
this is before 30 years old sprinklers finally gave up. the grass died, and most of the plants.
upgrading the front
out you old broken cement stairs!
upgrading the front
fresh paint and a mini pergola ( notice the lovely grass)
upgrading the front
let's add a portico over the front door! and why not put a deck under that pergola?
upgrading the front
adding shutters
upgrading the front
all around the house to balance the wood
upgrading the front
now for the yard.........
upgrading the front
tear it out, lay down the drip system and bring in some rocks!
upgrading the front
these pavers are huge!
upgrading the front
some babies
upgrading the front
voila!
upgrading the front
you can't see them but there are many plants that will be huge one day! Here in Utah it's about to snow =)
upgrading the front
love my new front, now for the back.
upgrading the front
just a reminder --- lol

• Renata

I'm curious if it is legal to cover up the downstairs escape window?

• Symea

we legally could cover the window because there are another 2 in that room. I hate the basement windows, nobody is ever down there and I would never hear a person come through. But we need them =)

• Lan11569313

Did you remove the old concrete stairs(if so, how), or just cover them?

• Symea

It is recommended to build over the cement if it's in good enough shape. Probably 1/3 the cost of removing them! We also had a 22 foot wood deck built over the cracked old cement backyard deck, Ill show picks when I remodel the back !!!

• Symea

It is siding. and thank you! =) I'm pretty sure they just used regular outdoor house paint. sherwin williams (note-my photos are real close to the color (in person), but I thought I got dark charcoal and pale blue/grey. BUT it came out Navy and white ----but I still love it!) these were the colors

• Symea

If anyone is still Here- I have an updated front pic, The plants have grown a bit. I love it so much!
    , this is the first summer for my plants it s a BEE haven omy love it