Wall Mounted Christmas Tree

$45

I've always liked the idea of a wall mounted Christmas tree, especially because I live in a small apartment where floor space is at a premium. But most of the ones I've seen mounted on walls don't tend to look like real Christmas trees, which is what I wanted. So I came up with this idea to use pine garland to make a more traditional looking wall mounted Christmas tree. It's so easy to put up and I especially love the fact that there's no chance that my cat will topple it over, win-win!
I used 3 pine garlands, each 9 ft long and 1 package of Glue Dots Flexible hang tabs to make the tree. You can see and buy everything you need in this kit I made.
I drew the outline of the tree with painters tape, and I made the base 3 ft wide.
Then it was just a matter of using the flex tabs to hang the garlands, starting with the outline first.
Then I filled in the middle and removed the tape.
And then came the fun part, decorating the tree with lights and ornaments, just like a regular Christmas tree.
It's amazing how real it looks and it doesn't take up any floor space. Since the hang tabs have a temporary adhesive, it will be easy to take down without leaving a mark on the walls.
You can see the full tutorial and a video on how to make this wall mounted Christmas tree on my blog - see link below. Happy Holidays!

Engineer Your Space

• Rub7371113

Please, what was the total cost? Sans ornaments. I really like your idea!

• Linda Sikut

I so LOVE this idea, but I want to put it on our glass picture window. Last year our cat knocked our tree over, then tried again and got caught with her head between the strings of lights. Sigh. Do you have any ideas for how I can make the back (that our neighbors will see) look good?
    • SandyB

Decorate both sides. Outside window with just garland.

• Saloni Mehta

What else can I use for hanging instead of glue dots flexible hang tape?
    • Judi Oley

3M Command strips have small clear hooks with clear tabs that would actually give you a little hook to set the branch into - I've used them to just put lights in the shape of a tree up and they work great