Wall Mounted Christmas Tree

$45

I've always liked the idea of a wall mounted Christmas tree, especially because I live in a small apartment where floor space is at a premium. But most of the ones I've seen mounted on walls don't tend to look like real Christmas trees, which is what I wanted. So I came up with this idea to use pine garland to make a more traditional looking wall mounted Christmas tree. It's so easy to put up and I especially love the fact that there's no chance that my cat will topple it over, win-win!

I used about 30 ft of pine garlands, and 1 package of Glue Dots Flexible hang tabs to make the tree.

I drew the outline of the tree with painters tape, and I made the base 3 ft wide.

Then it was just a matter of using the flex tabs to hang the garlands, starting with the outline first.

Then I filled in the middle and removed the tape.

And then came the fun part, decorating the tree with lights and ornaments, just like a regular Christmas tree.

It's amazing how real it looks and it doesn't take up any floor space. Since the hang tabs have a temporary adhesive, it will be easy to take down without leaving a mark on the walls.

You can see the full tutorial and a video on how to make this wall mounted Christmas tree on my blog - see link below. Happy Holidays!

• Glue dots  (amazon)
  • Garland  (amazon)

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Engineer Your Space

• Rub7371113
    Rub7371113

Please, what was the total cost? Sans ornaments. I really like your idea!

• Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

I so LOVE this idea, but I want to put it on our glass picture window. Last year our cat knocked our tree over, then tried again and got caught with her head between the strings of lights. Sigh. Do you have any ideas for how I can make the back (that our neighbors will see) look good?
  • Saloni Mehta
    Saloni Mehta

What else can I use for hanging instead of glue dots flexible hang tape?
    • Judi Oley
      Judi Oley

3M Command strips have small clear hooks with clear tabs that would actually give you a little hook to set the branch into - I've used them to just put lights in the shape of a tree up and they work great

• Grandma Ali
    Grandma Ali

A-ha!! We were just discussing Christmas trees a couple of days ago. My sons SO asked if we were having one this year as we're in a new, smaller place. My SO said we'd definitely fit one in, and I said "on the wall." They really thought I was joking. I've just shared this with them! 🤣🤣

Thank you so much.

• Dinty
    Dinty

We have three dogs and three cats so you can imagine the fun we have . Plus not the biggest house for space . I’m on this . Love it and would look perfect in a particular wall I have in mind . I’ll let you know . Diane U.K.