Welcome Sign

I love using old fence pickets to make wall decor. I have had some in my garage that a friend of mine gave me a while back. They were just begging me to use them for rustic signs. I used some of them for a backdrop for my mantle, and used one for my Snowy Noel sign posted previously. It was hanging in my entryway, and left a blank spot when I took it down after the holidays. So I decided to make a welcome sign to take its place. Sometimes I leave the wood raw, and sometimes I like to add some color to it. This one I decided to heavily dry brush.
So, this is the top portion of the fence picket. The bottom portion was used for the mantle backdrop I mentioned previously.
I just used a couple of white colors I had left from painting the walls- some Ben Moore Classic Gray and Snowfall White. I just kept dry brushing until I got the look I wanted.
I then decided to glue some chipboard letters to the front. This picture shows a 4 inch one that I took previously, but I used some 3 inch letters for this project. And some good old Elmer's glue.
I thought of painting the letters, but preferred the raw grayish color of the chipboard against the white paint, so I left them that way.
And I hung it in my entryway to fill in the blank spot.
This is both sides of the door into my kitchen. The 'K' is from a previous project. They are actually the same height, though its doesn't look like it here. Now, I just need to fill in the rest of the wall next to my welcome sign with another project I have in the works.
What a quick and easy project!

Kelleysgirl

• Eva17047466

Welcome - looks and sounds nice! But any food in this kitchen?

• Kelleysgirl

Plenty! My husband has a problem, lol. He has to have a full freezer and pantry. 😊