DIY Bathroom Canisters and Jewelry Holder Set

Necessity is the mother of invention. The colors of our granite countertops make it impossible for me to see my rings or small jewelry lying on top of them. And I have actually knocked my wedding rings into the trashcan before. It was because I couldn’t see them on the counter without wearing my glasses. I really needed bathroom canisters and jewelry holders for my bathroom. Now my second dilemma is to maintain an uncluttered countertop. Click the video to see how to make yours.
Here are the supplies that I needed.
Gorilla Super Glue
White spray paint
Gold spray paint
Painter’s tape
3 round glass vases (two small and one large). The two smaller ones are from the Dollar Tree and the larger one is from the Dollar General.
3 lamp finials. I purchased the fleur-del-lis finials from Hobby Lobby. You can also use drawer pulls/knobs.
3 terracotta saucers from Lowes (two 4.5” and one 6”). I recommend that you take your vases with you to Lowe’s when you are considering what size saucers to use. You will want to make sure you have the right size and the perfect fit.
STEP 1
Wash your saucers with warm water mixed with a mild dish detergent. Let the saucers completely dry before you begin to paint them.
STEP 2
Painting your finials is an optional step. I placed a small piece of painter’s tape on the bottom of the finials before I sprayed painted them. I wanted to protect this area because I would apply glue there later on. I also applied painter’s tape to the top center of the saucers where the finial would be placed.
When you watch the video you will see the spray painting process and glue application. Applying too much paint can cause the saucers not fit inside the vases. So I only applied one light coat of the Rustoleum 2X Ultra Coverage Spray Paint. It really is my favorite spray paint. I painted the bottom of the saucers first and then I attended 2 meetings and completed my grocery shopping. That allowed about 6 hours for the bottom of the saucers to dry. Then I spray painted the top of the saucers. And I immediately removed the painter’s tape after I applied the spray paint to the finials and the top of the saucers. Since this spray paint is touchable in about 15 to 30 minutes after applying it I quickly moved on to my next step.
STEP 3
I removed the painter’s tape and I applied 3 drops of Gorilla Super Glue to the bottom of the finial. You will be able to determine the size of the drops of glue when you watch the video. You can apply more glue if you like.
STEP 4
Next I gently placed the finial in the designated space on the top of the saucer. With my hand I gently applied pressure to the finial for about one minute. Because the white paint on the top side of the saucer wasn’t dry I was careful not to shift or move the finial as I applied pressure. Besides this way the paint, the glue and the saucer would all bond together for the next 24 hours.
STEP 5
This step is also optional and can be completed while you are doing the previous. I wanted to add height to the smaller canisters. If you want to add height to your smaller vases simply purchase 2 of the glass candlestick holders from the Dollar Tree and spray paint them gold. And apply them to the bottom of the vases using E6000 Glue. I am using recycled spray painted candlestick holders that I purchased from Goodwill for $5 instead.
Now a few weeks later my husband decided that he could do without the gold bases on the smaller canisters. I was going for PRETTY not MANLY. So since we share the space I made another set.
You can also use them in the kitchen. They are perfect for holding my jewelry while I am doing the dishes. No more rings falling down the drain. :)
I just love them all. And I don't have to ask anyone this dreaded question, "Have you seen my rings?" Click the video to get started making yours.
And to find more videos like these on my channel click the link to Amateur Decorating Like A Pro. Hope to see you there! Thank you. Cathryn
CONTACT INFORMATION
Email: amateurdecor@gmail.com
You Tube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Mx-oOi024ZJuv_VhkSk1Q
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/amateurdecor/amateur-decorating-like-a-pro/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amateurdecor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/amateurdecor1
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amateurdecor/
Blog: http://amateurdecoratinglikeapro.com/
Roku Streaming: amateurdecoratinglikeapro

• 3 glass vases  (Dollar Tree & Dollar General)
  • Terracotta saucers  (Lowe's)
  • Lamp finials  (Hobby Lobby)

Cathryn Holt

• Sas25028369

I love this beautiful idea! But could you use regular saucers (dish) for this? I have several of them from one project or another and thought they might work
  • Liza rosario

will it chip the glass tops look heavy?
  • Tammy Baker

• i need something to hang my diamond necklaces on my husband got me and the problem is we are renting can you help me ?
    • Cynthia

I used wooden coffee mug, painted it and perfect, held lots of jewelry!!!

• Lynn

Thank you will do this for my bathroom

• "D"

I save candle jars, so this looks easy peasy! Love the idea. Thanks for sharing.