The Cofran Home
The Cofran Home
  • Chicago, IL

Master Bedroom Makeover

To me, a master bedroom should be a place where you can come at the end of a long day and unwind. Serene, relaxing, and inviting. I wanted to create a space for my husband and myself that was ours. Now, those who follow my blog know that we just spent a lot of money buying a new house – so we didn’t have a huge budget to make our master bedroom ours.

master bedroom makeover

We decided the master bedroom was going to be a high priority makeover...but on a budget. I still wanted to make it serene, beautiful and inviting – and even though I was on a budget, I did not want it to look cheap.

master bedroom makeover

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

We thought about maybe living with how the previous homeowners had theirs until we could afford to make the space ours. However, once we walked into our new house for the first time after closing, we quickly realized the previous owners didn’t paint behind their headboard – so the master bedroom was two very different colors. And THAT was something we really couldn’t live with.

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

I lightened up the space with some paint,  DIYed some wall art, grabbed some budget friendly furniture and here it is now!

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas
master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas
master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

For all the details on the room, be sure to click the link below!

The Cofran Home